You can help regardless of your location and how much time you can spare. One hour a week can have a significant impact. A great way to help us and to help you get through the day is by spending breaks and lunch time assisting us online.
Volunteers can have a huge positive impact for us:
- Membership recruitment. This is the most important volunteer position we have, and new members are our lifeblood.
- Social media marketing. We need people who will tell others about us and what we are doing. Some methods for doing this are through twitter, blogs and discussion groups, and asking all of your friends and contacts on Facebook to link to us. This can be combined with recruiting new members for us.
A word of caution regarding social media marketing; most sites have rules against spamming. However, if you are either introducing yourself to the list or announcing that you just signed on to assist with membership recruitment there will not be any objections.
- Corporate advocacy. This is a great way for job seekers and business students to develop a network of senior executives in any industry. Visit our corporate sponsorship page and see who is missing. Using the search engines, find the names of their senior executives and email addresses. Write them a positive note explaining why you expected to see their brand on our web site and ask them if it was just an oversight.
- Political relationships. Develop a relationship with your U.S. Congressperson and U.S. Senator. Locate their chief of staff or campaign manager’s email address and send them a polite note explaining who we are and what we do. Ask them if the senator or congressperson is aware of the web site.
Other volunteer needs
– Throw a fundraising party
– CPA volunteer to provide us with an audited statement.
Board Members – Board members are unpaid and expected to take part in 4 board meetings per year. Three by phone (less than 2 hours each) and one in-person in Charleston, SC. Board members are not reimbursed by Wounded Nature for travel. Most companies will reimburse their employees for travel related to gaining board experience.
In addition to attending board meetings, board members are expected to contribute to the growth of Wounded Nature – Working Veterans.
Currently, we need board members with experience in the following areas:
Environmental or maritime law
Web site marketing
Social media marketing
If you wish to volunteer and assist us, please tell us a little about yourself. The more you tell us, the more you help us understand our volunteer demographic. Providing any of this information is optional and you can assist without providing personal details.